In order to strengthen the good framework requirements for innovative enterprises within the university campus Garching, the Garching center for technology and founders (shortly „gate“) was established in 2002.
The gate supports entrepreneurs and young enterprises of the industrial sector by providing appropriate office space and intensive coaching during the startup phase.
Sponsored by the Free State of Bavaria, it is the „gate to success“ – between scientific development of ideas and the development of a company with products ready for the market.
To date, about 300 enterprises have already been resident at the gate. The total area of rentable office and hall space is about 5,000 square meters.
The gate Garching is a member of the European Business and Innovation Centre Network (ebn) and conforms to the Quality Requirements as certified „EU|BIC“ (business and innovation centre). The EBN grants this award on a yearly basis only to institutions which offer the compulsory services with verifyable high quality.
Our man for the head and front
Marketing & PR
Our woman for publicity
Our man for land and ground
Our woman for the financials
Our woman for the welcome
Our woman for the greeting
The gate Garching serves as an incubator within the regional network. At the gate the start-ups are supposed to grow in order to become “fully fledged” at last. Like in a biological ecosystem they want for “nutritive substance” from their environment. The picture shows how the gate founders can benefit from this start-up ecosystem.
The location in the middle of the research campus Garching offers access to one of the biggest centers for science, research and education in Germany. The active exchange of thechnical and natural-scientific know-how »nourishes« the innovative power of all parties. At the gate a founder coach, advanced trainings and the network provide favorable conditions necessary for further growth. In addition, the sprouting entrepreneur scions are “watered” with capital and financial aid.
Regional enterprises disperse additional »fertilizer«: in exchange for innovative ideas the start-ups are offered market access to relevant customers and thus, their growth is accelerated.
The Garchinger Technologie- und Gründerzentrum GmbH is held by eight shareholders:
The Garchinger Technologie- und Gründerzentrum is fostered by:
How to reach us
the gate can be reached conveniently …
… by car:
- Highway A9 Munich-Nuremberg, Exit No. 70 „Garching Nord“
- continue direction “Forschungsinstitute”
- at the first traffic light turn left direction “Freising”, at the next traffic light turn right into “Lichtenbergstraße”, after 20 m turn left into the parking ground
… by public transport (walk about 8 min.):
- Subway U6 up to terminal „Garching Forschungszentrum“
- take exit „Lichtenbergstraße“ and walk on on the left side
- Walking along Lichtenbergstraße, after a few minutes you see the orange sign of gate Garching. Arriving there turn right and cross the parking gound.
- Schedule information of MVV
… by plane:
- Starting at the airport you can reach the gate by car/taxi in just 15 minutes.
- Coming from highway A92 direction Munich, take exit No. 5 „Freising Süd“
- continue on state road B11 direction Munich
- After the village of “Dietersheim” turn left into Lichtenbergstraße, and after 20m turn left into parking gound