6 – 8 June’ 18
To apply, please enter the details of your company(ies) here.
There are four pitching opportunities:
1. On Wednesday 6th June afternoon four companies looking to GROW through internationalisation or other routes will have the chance to pitch to a Growth-specialised jury and the whole audience of the EBN Congress
- SELECTION CRITERIA: proven track record, a product/service and at least one client, show that there is important international potential for the product/service, a market strategy, strong alignment of team to the expansion plan, needs to be an incorporated company
- GROWTH JURY: Diego De Biasio (Technoport), Warrick Cramer (Tomorrow Street/Vodafone), Mauro Mariani (ExaMotive), Katia Rizzo (Mediaset Spa), Joe Greaney (WestBIC), Genna Elwin (TaDaweb), Chris Dial (Microsoft), Larissa Best (LBAN)
2. On Thursday 7th June morning four companies specialised in the SPACE sector will have the chance to pitch to a Space-specialised jury and the whole audience of the EBN Congress
- SELECTION CRITERIA: disruptive technology, product or service, must have a very strong team and need to solve a real market need, either ‘space for Earth’ or ‘space for space’, not necessary to be an incorporated company
- SPACE JURY: Joerg Kreisel (JKIC), Lars Krogh Alminde (GomSpace), Frank Salzgeber (European Space Agency), Frédéric Rombaut* (Seraphim Capital), Edgar Milic (SES Satellites), Fritz Merkle (OHB), Fabrice Testa (LBAN)
3. On Friday 8th June morning four companies specialised in the INDUSTRY (4.0) sector will have the chance to pitch to an Industry-specialised jury and the whole audience of the EBN Congress
- SELECTION CRITERIA: demonstrable disruptive technology, product or service, have strong international market potential, B2B, must be an incorporated company
- GROWTH JURY: Sébastien Wiertz (Paul Wurth InCub), Lewis Horne (Uniti), Michel Rzonzef (Goodyear), Piero Cavigliasso (Guala Closures Group), André Montaud (Thésame), Asier Barredo (Lis Solution), David Dowsett (LION Nano-Systems), Murli Bhamidipati (CRECER+), Laurent Bocahut (Demeter Partners)
4. On Thursday 7th June afternoon we are running a number of open pitching sessions (from any sector) in front of different juries of business angels, venture capitalists, corporates and other investment managers. 15 companies will have the chance to pitch.
- SELECTION CRITERIA: demonstrable disruptive technology, product or service, market potential, market access strategy, not necessary to be incorporated, strong team
- JURIES WILL INCLUDE: Fabrice Testa (LBAN), Murli Bhamidipati (CRECER+), Jean-Yves Hergott (Entrepreneur and BA), David Dana (EIF), Laurent Bocahut (Demeter Partners), Nicolas Milerioux (Enovos), Monica Pesce (VVA), Candi Carrera (Microsoft), Simon Alexandre (The Faktory), Dara Nikolova (SES, BA), Bertrand Manhe (Genii Capital), Alain Rodermann (Expon Capital), Yannick Oswald (Mangrove Capital Partners), Marc Neuen (Linc)
EBN Congress this year will be attended by a strong investor list. Among them: Javier Megias (Startupxplore), Murli Bhamidipati (CRECER+), Frédéric Rombaut* (Seraphim Capital), Fabrice Testa (LBAN), Jean-Yves Hergott (BA), Laurent Bocahut (Demeter Partners), Larissa Best (LBAN), Nicolas Milerioux (Enovos), Simon Alexandre (The Faktory), Bertrand Manhe (Genii Capital), Alain Rodermann (Expon Capital), Yannick Oswald (Mangrove Capital Partners), Marc Neuen (Linc) among others.
Benefits to Startups
In addition to the pitching opportunity, participants will get:
- A presentation booth in the area which will be the centre of the EBN congress and where all participants tend to spend time and circulate
- Presence in the EBN Communication for the Congress:
– A rotating slide at the EBN website
– One page description of the company in a dossier to be sent to all participants
– Social media communication in advance of the Congress
- A specific chapter within the EBN networking device and full access to participants
- The participants list
- The possibility to get noticed by one of the many investors and corporates taking part at the congress.
- The possibility to interact with other startups
- The chance to improve and correct if needed the public profile, gathered by Skopai from public sources and checked by their experts.
There are four Runners-up Prizes for the best pitch in the four pitching sessions.
Runners up receive a cash prize of €1,000 and will be promoted by EBN as “Entrepreneur of the month” in the months following Congress.
From the 4 winning runners-up there will be a final pick for the Grand Prize.
The winner of the Grand Prize will get:
- A cash prize of €10,000
- 20 hours of mentoring by an expert in the sector they operate in
- Promotion by EBN following Congress with a news story and exposure as “Entrepreneur of the month”
- + other prizes being negotiated with sponsors
And of course there is the possibility, but no guarantee, of investment or business deals with the assembled juries and Congress participants.
The deadline for submission is 23 May 2018. Companies selected to pitch will receive the notification within a few days of their submission, which should facilitate travelling arrangements.